Friday, February 27, 2009

Kids say the darndest things!



Last night CJ and I were looking at the baby ticker together and he saw how much time we had left before the baby would be here, he asked “mom are you going to get fatter when the baby gets bigger?” I said, “my tummy will get bigger, it needs to grow to make room for the baby and the water.” At this point he burst into tears, and I asked “what’s wrong?” He said “I don’t want you to get fatter, I don’t want a fat mommy.” So I said, “Well buddy I won’t stay this big forever, as soon as I have the baby my tummy won’t be as big.” Being a little irritated after trying to stress to all my kids not to judge people on their appearance I asked “why don’t you want a fat mommy?”, and he replied “I don’t want it to hurt you, it looks like it hurts when you walk sometimes with your big tummy” This made me laugh, so I explained how I have done this before with he, Quinn and Carissa and I was okay every time, I told him it was worth being a little uncomfortable to get a beautiful little baby. This made him happy and I told him how we could all go to the next baby appointment together and we would get pictures of the new baby and we would be able to find out if we were having a little baby brother or baby sister, he got really excited after this and ran to tell his brother.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet mom. You have been a bust blogger! It looks great! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO man... that's the cutest thing. I love that little guy. He always says the funniest things! :) Your posts about the updates with your kids was TOO cute! Hope you're feeling good! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete