Sunday, April 12, 2009

What a Week!

What a week! This past Wednesday I was getting kids laid down for naps and lunch cleaned up when I started to have some really sharp pains in my back, I have had kidney stones with Carissa and this was feeling VERY similar. Chad was out of town in Casper and I texted him right away to let him know I was hurting. He quickly made phone calls and Kev was out at the house in no time. I called Dr. Ellis to let him know what was going on and he said to get up there right away. After the kids were taken care of we headed up to Powell. The pain I was having in my back sent me into contractions so I was dealing with both, luckily my mom showed up and stayed with me until Chad could get there. They got me into a bed and hooked up to an IV and then started trying to determine what was wrong. They tried Demerol, then a big shot right in the area I was hurting, when that didn’t help they moved to morphine which helped a lot and we got the contractions to stop. They drew a bunch of blood and ran a bunch of tests. Since I had a history of kidney stones and blood in my urine, they concluded that is what it must have been. So right now I am to take it easy and take pain meds. as necessary until my next appointment next week. Good news is that the baby is perfect and was just as happy as could be the whole time.
Chad has been so great this whole time, he stayed with me in the hospital for the three days I was there and has been waiting on me hand and foot while taking care of the kids and keeping the house clean as well. I don’t know what we would have done without my parents; they took care of the kids for us. I got home Friday night and they made dinner for us, too. The next day we had plans to go to Easter Valley, it is tradition to go every year and the kids were really looking forward to it. My parents again saved the day and came and picked up the kids and took them, even though Chad and I couldn’t go with them. They had so much fun and had so much candy, they couldn’t have been happier. Carol made dinner for us that night and Russ came and brought it out to us.
This morning the kids woke up to big surprises as the Easter Bunny still made it even though we had a rough week. CJ’s basket was full of art supplies, Quinn’s had sports Equipment, and Carissa’s had a baby doll with a journal and markers, and of course more than enough candy in each. Chad made a yummy breakfast and then sent me back to bed. We didn’t make it to church as I am on bed rest for awhile, so we didn’t get all decked out in our Easter attire, oh well. We are just happy we are all okay and able to spend the weekend together. I am so grateful for all my friends and family who helped out with kids and for all the phone calls to check on us.

9 comments:

  1. wow, linds. I hadn't heard about any of this yet. That sounds like a lot of pain and NO fun! I'm glad everything's okay with the baby and you both. That's so sweet of Chad and your parents to both help out so much! Hope you're feeling better. Wish we were closer to check on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linds...haven't been able to get you on the phone...so I'll try it this way! ;) I'm sorry that happened and if we can do ANYTHING, please call! We're here too! :D I'm glad you're feeling better and that Chad has been able to be there with you. Thanks for the birthday message on the TV...we don't have TV, so Grandpa told me and we saw it at Mom and Dad's! Love you and hope you keep getting better...serious...don't hesitate to call!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had kidney stones with Katelyn, so I can definitely feel your pain. I hope things get better. I'm glad you have people taking care of you. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Linds, I hope you are feeling better now! I must have just missed you. Let me know if you need anything, i couldn't imagine being on bedrest. It does make it so nice to have so much family around to help and Chad for being such a great help. It's nice to have them step up to the plate when you really need them! Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, Lindsay! That is terrible. I am so sorry to hear that you've been having such a hard time. I'm so glad to hear the baby is well though. I hope you are better by the time I leave this comment. Take care of yourself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lindsay, scary! I am so glad you are on the mend and the baby is looking great. I'm glad your family (mom) was there to help, but if you need anything, don't hesitate to call..seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy you are feeling better...what an awful week...glad it ended well. :)
    That is great that Chad is so willing to help out. Hope everything goes a little smoother til the baby gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am glad to hear you are okay for now...and that the baby is all good...hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So scary! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that and with Chad out of town! We will keep you in our prayers and hope that you are back to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete