Thursday, October 15, 2009

BIG Changes

We have some big changes coming up in our lives......... I have been working on my Elementary Ed, degree for the past 18 months and I am set to graduate and begin my student teaching program in Aug. I was then going to start subbing to kind of get my foot in the door until a full time position opened up that I could apply for. We have been praying and working to be able to do what was best for our family. A couple of weeks ago there was an advertisement for a paraprofessional job for a Special Ed. Aide at the Elementary and Middle School, Chad and I talked about it and decided this would be a great in, where I could get to know the students, the staff and how the system works. I would also be able to do my observations and go right into my student teaching from there. I decided to apply and ended up getting the position. Things are happening a little sooner that I had originally anticipated when I went back to school, but when opportunities are placed in front of us I feel it is important to take them.
I found an amazing lady who has recently moved to Lovell and opened an in-home day care right around the corner from the school. She is a member of the Church and is great, I have taken the girls over a couple times already to familiarize them with the whole concept, Carissa really enjoys going and is already asking to go back and play. I was hoping the school would just let me take Celeste to work with me in a back pack if I promised she would be really good, but no go;) I am awaiting my background check to go through before I officially start so I have a little time to wean myself from my little girlies:( I am excited to be able to be around my boys and dad during the day though, that will really help.

5 comments:

  1. I was a special education paraprofessional for the eighth grade in Rexburg, Id. It has been my favorite job that I have had. I think you will love it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be a great teacher! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for calling this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. COngrats! How exciting! I wish you the best! Have fun and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Lindsay! I'm so excited for you. It sounds like everything worked out so well. I can't wait to hear about your new job and how you like it;)

    ReplyDelete