Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Time

Last night for FHE we carved Jack O' Lanterns. The kids drew the faces they wanted carved out on their pumpkins they picked, I cut the tops off and we let them go at it for awhile until they were up to their elbows in pumpkin goo..............., then Chad and I finished them off for them.Very messy but very fun! After we had all the goop out of the pumpkins I sent them upstairs for a bath while I finished carving the pumpkins and put candles inside (fastest bath ever I might add:). Then they got a treat of popcorn and peanut M&ms to enjoy while they sat around with their pumpkins all lit up. I am not sure how out and about we are going to be this year for all the Halloween activities going on with all the sickness going around (we are trying to stay away from it), but we are planning on the trunk-or-treat on Sat. for sure and the normal stops of grandma and grandpa's and aunt Jodi's. The kids all have their Halloween parties at their schools on Friday as well, so I am sure they will get plenty of treats.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and fun times! I'm glad we will be here this Halloween -- I missed seeing the kids in their costumes last year. Glad everybody is healthy right now. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so cute. I like your idea of letting the kids get most of the pumpkin goo out, i just might have to steal that idea for next year :)

    ReplyDelete