Thursday, October 8, 2009

Conversations:)

Yesterday as I was driving around running kids to activities and other errands we had the following conversations:)......
Q: Hey mom, someone kicked me today at recess:(
Me: What did you do?
Q: Um, kick him back..... hard.
Before I could say good job, don't start fights, but finish them;) CJ jumped in.....
CJ: QUINN!!!, what have I always told you and told you, don't be mean back! IGNORE, WALK AWAY or TALK IT OUT!!! How could you?!?!?....
Q: Sorry, I didn't know those were the rules.

Oops, guess I didn't know the rules either:)

The next conversation we lead into was:

CJ: Mom, today in the lunch line some girls kept tickling the back of my neck and I did NOT like it!!!
Me: What did you do?
CJ: I asked them very nicely to please stop.
Me: Did they stop?
CJ: NO! They just started giggling and doing it again......
Me: Well, girls are kind of silly. When they like you sometimes they do silly things to get your attention.
CJ: Well, that is NOT the way to get me to like them!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thats a hard line. You want them to stick up for themselves but you also want them to be nice. Good thing he has a brother watching over him.

    ReplyDelete