Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spoils of Mother's Day

Card from Lindi, so sweet!!

These are the tiles Lindi made for my mom, sis and I! Love them!!

I was so glad Lindi put these on her blog, her photos came out a lot clearer than mine and I wanted to have them on my page as well, I am so lucky to have such a talented sis-in-law. Love ya Lindi and thanks again!!

MY MOTHER'S DAY:)

I woke up Mother's Day morning to so many fun presents! Quinn made me a flower pot with a picture of him on the flower (and a picture he painted of Sonic on the flower pot), CJ gave me his special people book with some extra pictures and fun stuff we hadn't seen before, Chad got me a dozen beautiful red roses, chocolate, candles and a gift certificate for a mani/pedi (I needed soooo bad since I can't reach my toes anymore:)), he let each of the kids pick out a cute card and sign it for me too. Very nice morning! After church Kim stopped by with more chocolate, yum, and a card. Later we went over to Mom and Dad's where I got even more presents a beautiful wall hanging from mom and dad and Lindi sent me an awesome tile that had the letter F in the background and forever family in the front, love it! It was such a great day, I just love being a mother and wife (even if I hadn't gotten all the fun presents:)
Mother’s Day is not only a day to celebrate, but also a day of remembrance for our family. Chad lost his mom to cancer when he was very young and before we started a family of our own, it was kind of a hard day. I think about his mom a lot on mother’s day and how proud she would be of all he has accomplished. Though I usually take it for granted, I am so fortunate to have my mom and also to be able to live so close, she has always been such a great example to me and one of my best friends. Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful Mother’s in our lives!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! I'm glad you had such a great day! Sorry we weren't able to meet up for dinner...

    ReplyDelete